Wildcat of the Week: Caroline Whipple

DHS's sweetheart commits to the University of Oregon

Senior Caroline Whipple sports her University of Oregon sweatshirt after deciding on the school.

Wildcat Photo

Clara Sloan, Web Editor

You know her. Whether it’s for her leadership as Student Council president or for her stunning ability to befriend anyone, senior Caroline Whipple has made an impression on you. After spending nearly four years improving De Soto High School, Whipple must move on. While the University of Denver, the University of Portland and Gonzaga University were all contenders for Whipple, she ultimately chose the University of Oregon.

“I felt like I would have the most opportunities there [the University of Oregon] and I really liked the vibes of the campus as well as the things that the campus advocates for.” Whipple said. “It’s a very inclusive place and they do a really awesome job of making sure their students are environmentally friendly as well as politically aware.”

The University of Oregon currently ranks as No. 73 out of the 131 top public universities in the U.S., according to Niche.com. There, Whipple plans to major in psychology with a double minor in social activism and nonprofit business studies. She also plans to stay involved by joining the student government, the outdoor club, the social activism learning community and more.

As her time as the go-to girl for teachers and students alike comes to an end, Whipple reflects on the impact she’s made at DHS.

“Everyone at DHS has been so loving and supportive towards me and I am really grateful to have been given the leadership opportunities I’ve had,” Whipple said. “I hope that I’ve helped other leaders to remember to keep an open mind and positive attitude when it comes to listening to the student body as well as the administration.”

Whipple’s senior year has been busy to say the least, filled with college applications and essays, planning school dances and attending board meetings as well as being the face for DHS leadership.

“I definitely want to take some time to sit back and take a break from all of the responsibilities that I had this year, but I’m excited to see what Oregon has to offer me,” Whipple said.

Clara Sloan, Web Editor

Meet Clara Sloan. This is senior year, as well as her third year on staff. She has previously worked on the Green Pride as a staff reporter and opinion...