Stress relieving tips

Alicia Baker, Staff Reporter

If you are anything like me, you are crazy stressed with finals coming up in less than three weeks, and first semester rapidly coming to an end. Here are a few tips I use to help calm me down and reduce some of the stress.

Tip number one is to use your time wisely and learn time management skills. Knowing how to use your time wisely will instantly reduce some of your stress.

Going along with managing your time, tip number two is to stop procrastinating. The best way to stop procrastinating is to get the most difficult task out of the way first.

Don’t get me wrong, studying is very important, but everyone gets to the point to where you can no longer shove any more information at yourself.

Tip number three is to do something you love that instantly makes you happy. By taking a break you will refresh your mind and then can get back to studying.

Tip number four may seem silly, but staying positive plays a key role in helping me stay calm when faced with a stressful situation. Before any test I always try to put my best foot forward and have a positive attitude.

Last but certainly not least, my final tip is to remember that whatever you are being faced with is not the end of the world, and that no one is perfect. All you can do is try your best.

I hope these tips help you become a little less stressed and are useful, not only to succeed during finals, but also are tips you can use during any stressful situation.