Meet your 2018-19 Homecoming candidates

All senior Homecoming court candidates.

Lizzy Arnold

All senior Homecoming court candidates.

Lizzy Arnold, Editor-in-Chief

• Senior queen candidates Emma Leonard, Morgan Laplante, Kaitlyn Bell and Kennedy Higgins.

• Senior king candidates Jacob Burton, Landon Desper, Martin Searcy and Zekkiah Hird.

• All senior Homecoming court candidates.

• The senior king and queen candidates, junior prince and princess Cody Adams and Delaney Lecluyse, sophomore prince and princess Kyle Smith and Jaycie Swift and freshman prince and princess Jeffrey Sekavec and Taylor Kreibhel.

• Seniors Landon Desper and Kaitlyn Bell.

• Seniors Zekkiah Hird and Kennedy Higgins.

• Seniors Jacob Burton and Emma Leonard.

• Seniors Martin Searcy and Morgan Laplante.

This year’s senior Homecoming court candidates are Jacob Burton, Landon Desper, Martin Searcy  Zekkiah Hird, Emma Leonard, Morgan Laplante, Kaitlyn Bell and Kennedy Higgins.

Burton plans to be involved in boys’ golf this spring. He also volunteers for the basketball program at Lenexa Baptist Church.

Desper participates in DHS football as well as a recreational basketball team, the Savages.

Searcy is involved in varsity track and field, band, National Honors Society and is a member of the Savages recreational basketball team.

Hird is a captain of the cheer team,  participates in Ambassadors & Mentors Crew, boys’ tennis, Cat’s Care, Cat Pride, Prom Committee and he is a member of the yearbook staff.

Leonard is a co-captain of the dance team,  a member of A&M Crew, Mentor’s Council, NHS, theater, Forensics, Thespians, choir, Prom Committee and was awarded the title of 2018 Junior Miss Kansas.

Laplante participates in A&M Crew, NHS, Cat Pride, FCA, girls’ soccer and is the editor-in-chief of the yearbook.

Bell is a member of A&M Crew, is a Freshman Mentor, plays for the De Soto volleyball team and plays club volleyball.

Higgins plays  for the DHS volleyball team and  plays club volleyball for the MAVS.