10 cheap and easy gifts for the 2017 holidays

Candles and stack of wrapped christmas gifts on wooden floor

Getty Images/Cultura RF

Maya Bascom, Ads Manager

Gift giving can be very hard, especially with the pressure of the holidays and needing to find the perfect gift for your loved ones. I, like many others, have been searching endlessly to find a good gift for my friends, father and secret Santas, but in my search I have found some of the top 10 trendiest gifts for girls and boys.

Number one is fuzzy socks and blankets. Anything comfortable and warm will keep pretty much anyone happy. As long as you accommodate to the person’s style and color preferences fuzzy socks and blankets are a cheap and easy gift.

Number two is water bottles and mugs. Making drinking water an accessory is not only healthy but it’s popular lately. Whether it’s a hydroflask, protein shake mixer, Swell, Yeti or just a cute Walmart knock off, a water bottle is a safe bet. Also coffee mugs with sayings are a cute way to show someone of you feel, customized or store bought.

Number three, mainly for girls, is perfumes, lotions, candles and pretty much anything that smells good. Bath and Body Works sells pretty much every scent under the moon and they have too many holiday sales to count, and most girls are always looking for good scents.

Number four is bath bombs, again mainly for girls bath bombs are an easy and mostly cheap way for a relaxing and cool experience, plus no one would ever complain about a bath bomb.

Number five is pictures. Everyone likes to have memories captured and a big trend right now is hanging pictures throughout your room. Plus pictures are a very personal gift and with a little note on the back you are as good as gold to impress the person you are giving the gift to.

Number six is candy. Of course with this one you will have to find out their favorite candy. Most candy is very cheap and easy to get your hands on, and almost everyone I know wouldn’t turn down some chocolate.

Number seven, mostly for guys, is protein powder. Although it can sometimes be on the more expensive side it still isn’t too much money.

Number eight, mainly for parents, is homemade coupons. You giving your parents a contract to clean your room or vacuum the house or give them a massage is the perfect way to say thanks and give them a break. Plus it’s free.

Number nine, is car decorations. Right now is the time where teens feel the need to express themselves the most, so their car is the perfect outlet for this. A simple car sticker or steering wheel cover is an easy, cheap and fun accessory.

And lastly number 10 is gift cards. When all else fails let them pick out their own gift, after all they do know themselves best.

Remember though when gift giving it’s the thought that counts, as long as they see you putting in the effort and thinking of them, most people could not and would not complain.