Swim team prepares for league meet

De  Soto swimmers will be competing at the league meet at Turner High School on May 14. With the team only being in it’s second season, all of the swimmers are working hard to improve on their skills and break school records.

This year the varsity team is mainly dominated by freshman who have had past experience with swimming. With this experience they are able to bring new skills, faster times,and State potential to the table.

With league fast approaching the team is working hard to improve their times and their skills.

“We have been doing a lot of starts and turns. We’re working on all of the little things so we can cut down our times and improve at league,” freshman swimmer Gabby Mallozzi said.

With practices that are more focused on the technical skills the team is able to create a better atmosphere and more skill that they hope will benefit them in their races at league.

“Personally, I want to be able to cut down the one second I need to get to State on my 100 free which would be awesome,” Mallozzi said.

Throughout the year the team has set goals such as these and with each meet has come closer to reaching them. The goals keep each person focused on what to work on in practice and it lets them push themselves to their highest potential during meets.

As the team continues to break school records and build up their experience each member has high hopes for their league meet.

“I think that we are going to do really well on Wednesday. Everyone has been working really hard and has been preparing really well,” Mallozzi said.