Girls’ basketball enjoys season despite rough end

This year, the De Soto High School girls’ basketball team was positive in some aspects but negative season in others.

The team didn’t quite make its goals when it came to wins and losses. DHS did, however, get the chance to host Sub-State. This is the first time De Soto has hosted this event. The game was held on Thursday, March 6 against Bishop-Miege. The De Soto girls lost 62-40.

“It didn’t quite have the ending that I wanted it to, but Bishop-Miege was a really good team. It was an okay loss. But I had a really good time with the girls. It was a fun season,” senior Mackenzie Lancaster said.

Girls’ basketball head coach Jim Bonar also feels that in terms of numbers, their scores weren’t exactly what the team wanted.

“We fell a little short of our goal as far as a win-loss record. Individually, our improvement has been good,” Bonar said.

While the wins and losses were not what the team had hoped for Bonar felt that the team stayed strong.

“We stayed competitive in a very competitive league. Our league teams beat one another repeatedly,” Bonar said.

While the teams felt the season was a rough one, the team and coaches were happy about the time they spent with each other.