Soccer shuts out the competition

The De Soto Soccer Wildcats finished their first home game, against Eudora, Sept. 12, 2013, with a shut out 9-0 victory.

“I think our great communication this game really helped us in the long run,” said senior team captain Dustin Seibolt. “It helped us keep a level head on the field and made sure things didn’t get too hectic.”

Senior Connor Schimke thought that the team “possessed the ball well and kept constant control of the game.”

The soccer team managed to show off quite a bit of the more advanced soccer moves. One of the highlights of the game was when junior Steven Mitchell scored a goal on Eudora off of a header.

Even the crowd was on their A-game, giving the team the “home field” advantage. The student section was animated and loud, reacting to every maneuver and cheering at every goal made and blocked. Many memebers of the team confirmed that the animated crowed gave them more energy and confidence.

“We had really great chemistry with the fans that game,” senior Ramsey Mason said. “We felt like we had to perform our best in front of such an enthusiastic crowd.”

The game left fans of the DHS Wildcats soccer greatly optimistic about the future of the soccer season.