Sophomore wrestler hopes to build off of strong freshman season

With fall sports coming to an end, the focus on De Soto High School athletics shifts to winter sports such as basketball, bowling and wrestling. One DHS wrestler is especially looking forward to this winter season.

Dallas Robinson is a sophomore here at DHS, and is a returning member of the wrestling team. He was a member of varsity last year as a freshman, and is looking to continue playing at a high level this year.

“I hope that this year will be a success for both me and the team and that all together, our team’s records will improve.” Robinson said.

Robinson compiled a varsity record of 12 wins and 10 losses last season, and credits the coaches for his success.

“The coaches were a big influence on me because I didn’t know anything about wrestling and they really helped me improve my technique and my skills overall.” Robinson said.

Robinson, who moved to Kansas before last year, says that he met several people through wrestling last year which helped him adapt to a new school.

Robinson was one of last year’s “Ironcats”, which refers to members of the team that attended every practice and workout. He says that the physical and mental challenges are what lead him to have such a high work ethic.

As for this season, Robinson has said that he hopes this year will be a success for both the team and himself, individually.