Three softball seniors sign letters of intent

De Soto High School seniors Hunter Klamm (Fort Hays State University), Lauren Mabe (University of Central Missouri) and Sophia Templin (University of Kansas) signed their letters of intent to continue their softball careers at a ceremony held in the DHS Media Center Nov. 16.

The trio, all of whom have been named twice to the All-Frontier League first team, helped lead DHS to an overall record of 23-3 in 2012. DHS claimed the Frontier League title, the Regional title and also reached 4A State championship game last season.

Following the Wildcats run at State in 2012, Klamm earned honorable mention honors for the Lawrence Journal World All-Area Softball Team and was selected as a first team all-state. Mabe was selected to the All-State second team for the second time. Templin was named an All-State pitcher and was named Lawrence Journal World All-Area Pitcher/Player of the Year.

“Each of these young ladies have helped the De Soto High School softball program have success by being willing to work hard and doing what is best for the team,” said head softball coach Junelle Woolery. “We are excited to see their hard work pay off this season and as they continue their softball careers at the collegiate level.”