Varsity soccer beats Baldwin at home

The De Soto High School soccer team hosted Baldwin this Tuesday. By the end of the game De Soto finished with the win, beating Baldwin 1-0.

“We just came out ready to play, and we came out of it with the win,” junior Dustin Seibolt said.

The Wildcats took the lead early in the game in the first half with junior Drew Schmucker performing a successful cross to Seibolt who then scored the first goal of the game.

After that goal the Wildcats did not score for the rest of the game, and the Wildcats were able keep Baldwin from scoring for the entirety of the game as well.

After scoring the goal Seibolt was given a yellow card in the second half.

“I guess just got really into the game,” Seibolt joked about the yellow card.

In the second half of the game even though they did not score the Wildcats had many close shots. Two shots were so close that they hit the cross bars of the goals.

Even though DHS managed to have multiple shots in the second half they were unable to finish through on the shots, the were rewarded with the win

“We started out slow but once we settled in and got going we took control of the field for the rest of the game,” head coach Darrin Erpleding said.

The Wildcats will host Eudora this Thursday, Sept. 6. The JV game will start at 4:30 p.m. followed by the varsity game at 6:00 p.m.