DHS softball participates in “Strike Out Breast Cancer” game

Junior softball player Sophia Templin models the “Strike Out Breast Cancer” t-shirt.

For the first time on Tuesday, May 8, the De Soto High School girls’ softball team with be facing off against Eudora High School to support breast cancer awareness in a “Strike Out Breast Cancer” game.

This game, in particular, is extremely special to the team for they are doing it as a surprise for its only senior, Makenzi Shackley.

“As a team, we really wanted to do something special for Shack [Shackley] because she is our only senior, and she has helped us a lot this season. We are all going to miss her,” sophomore Cassidy Berry said.

Although the team is playing for a cause, the team does not want the concept to affect the outcome of the game. The believe that they will be just as focused and dedicated.

“I don’t believe that the theme of the game will affect our playing. We are still focused on winning and improving our record,” sophomore Ashley Mars said.

This game will take place at 3&2. The the varsity games begin at 4:30 and 6:00 p.m.

“We would really appreciate everyone’s support in promoting breast cancer awareness and honoring our only senior, Shack [Shackley],” Mars said.