Bowling wrap up

Meredith Boydston and Jake Lorenzo, the coaches of the bowling team, both agreed that it was a successful season for the bowling team.

“I definitely think we had a great kick-off season. While it doesn’t necessarily show in our win-loss record, our bowlers did a fantastic job. Not only did they successfully complete the first season of bowling for DHS, but they also learned more about the game,” Boydston said.

Also, both coaches agreed that the students could have used more practice. However, it was hard to get in enough practice since the bowling alley was 40 minutes away from DHS.

“We had to work with what we had. Several weekends the bowlers would go out on their own to catch some practice time with friends. Jake and I encouraged this as much as possible,” Boydston said.

Although no bowlers from DHS made it to State this year, the coaches beleive that all the participants gave good effort.

“The bowlers were bummed, but I think they understood that given our team size and experience compared to the competitors, they competed at their levels,” Boydston said.

As for next year, the coaches are hoping that the practices will be moved to a closer bowling alley. The bowlers should get even more time to practice according to Lorenzo. They will make sure that the bowlers are utilizing their time better.

“We’ll make sure we’ll give them adequate time to practice next year,” Lorenzo said.

DHS bowler Mykaela Cross, thought that the season went great and that the the bowling team as a whole did their best.

“Everyone did the best that they could, and grew into better bowlers,” Cross said.