Do not hide your true self

The start of high school was the winter of my life and the people I met became my summer. School was never fun for me, but I learned to love it and be true to myself.

My moral compass has never pointed north, and I have a chameleon soul that changes everyday as I learn more about the world and the type of people that fill it.

My high school experience was a wild ride full of twists and turns that sometimes scared me to the point that I could not breathe. I have some advice for all of those kids that do not quite fit with the mold that society tries to shove us in.

When in doubt, freak them out, a motto that I have lived by for almost three years now. I used to be so timid of everything around me, but now I am vocal and confident with who I am.

High school is supposed to be an experience for everybody to enjoy, but it’s more of the survival of the fittest. I have seen so many kids leave or hide from everybody because of their differences. So what if you are heavy, gay or weird. It is the 2000s, baby just be happy with yourself!

If you can’t love yourself then how are you going to love anybody else or build relationships? You can’t.

The only reason I am where I am today is because of my friends and the mentors that I have had along the way that have put me in situations that helped me grow.

No matter how much money your family has, you still need to grow to make it anywhere in this world.

This is a memoir for all of the weird kids and dreamers who people deem as crazy. Who cares “what” you are? It is who you are that matters. Never let bullies or peers blow out your passion. Set your heart to it and you will grow.

High school is a wild ride, just remember: when in doubt, freak them out. Draw all eyes to you and make a lasting impression or fake it until you make it!