Teen love is different than later in life

Love is a hard concept to grasp. It’s pure emotion. It’s only felt when a couple works exceptionally hard to keep that emotion alive. So how is it that so many young men and women are so madly in love?

I will not say that teenagers in a relationship are not in love, because they are. I am not saying that it is not real love by any means. The thing is, at 15 or 16, the feelings you experience for someone are different than what one will experience as an adult.

A relationship should be able to last without one person going crazy when he or she cannot talk to their partner for two days. If a girl has to constantly rely on a guy’s attention to keep her sane, then that is not healthy and not mature love.

A person cannot dream of falling into a fairy tale, pure, whole-hearted love if they can not love themselves first. A person can not possibly support another if he or she can not support himself or herself.

The problem with teen love now is that a majority of relationships, not all, are not set with good intentions. At 16, most relationships are not about actually being with the person that you want to be with, they tend to be more physical.

Teenage love is hard to understand. It is pure, raw emotion and it is real. The main thing is, that it is not the same as when you are older. As a teenager, you are still a young adult. A person’s brain is not fully developed until later in their life. When something happens, it is harder for a teenager than an adult to comprehend all that happened.

I will not say that when a teenager is in love that it is not real, because it is, it is just not mature. The problem I have with teen love is not the love, it’s the relationships. A majority of teenage relationships are either not healthy or not pure. Most teenagers do not have the capability to understand when they are in an unhealthy relationship.

I am indeed a teenager, so I do not have the full capability of understanding all of this. I just learn from everyone around me. I see how adults behave when in love and I see how teens behave and I can only get a little grasp for what it is all about.