Left and Right: Anti-Islamic YouTube Videos

Conservative View (Right):

On the night of Sept. 11, 2012, the country’s tragic anniversay of terrorism from the Middle East, President Obama was informed that the location of the U.S. ambassador, Christopher Stevens, and three other American staff members, stationed in Libya, was unknown. In response, he went to sleep.

The next morning, America woke up to a hot plate full of terrorism, with a tall glass of disregard from the Obama administration.

News stations were buzzing with reports that Stevens and one other officer had been murdered the night before. The other two officers were still missing.

Despite the reports, Obama went to Las Vegas to campaign. What a selfless act from the president of our country, to disregard the torturing and murdering of our country’s ambassador, and instead to go coax some extra votes in his direction.

The next day, Obama made an official statement to the American people in the White House’s Rose Garden, “Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence,” President Obama said.

Notice his word choice of violence, not terrorism, but violence. Of course the President doesn’t want to call it terrorism. If that were to be added to his presidential record, he would lose several precious voters in the upcoming election.

Since blaming other people is the name of the game for Obama’s administration, the attacks in Libya were tagged to an Anti-Islamic YouTube video series, uploaded by an Egyptian, Coptic-Christian man named Nakoula Basseley Nakoula.

In the following days, this series of YouTube videos became the spark of the killings and anti-American protests that had set fire to the Middle Eastern people. By redirecting the blame to these videos, President Obama was not only relieving himself from the responsibility surrounding the attacks, but was justifying the acts of the Middle-East.

Was it coincidence that a YouTube video initiated an attack on precisely the same day that the US was terrorized eleven years ago?

In an interview with National Public Radio, Libyan President Mohammed el-Megarif said, “The idea that this criminal and cowardly act was a spontaneous protest that just spun out of control is completely unfounded and preposterous. We firmly believe that this was a pre-calculated, pre-planned attack that was carried out specifically to attack the U.S. Consulate.”

Sorry President Obama, but your “Al Qaeda is dead” claims are no longer accurate. Al Qaeda is very much alive and burning, with their eyes set on the US.

Liberal View (Left):

Earlier this month, on the 11th anniversary of 9/11, Muslim protestors infiltrated the United States embassy, killing U.S. ambassador Chris Stevens along with three others. Republican presidential candidate, Mitt Romney, had quite a mouthful of idiotic things to say on the matter.

The protests were claimed to be caused by an anti-Muslim amateur film which was shown on an Egyptian talk show. The talk show host called on fellow Muslims to “defend their faith,” but he didn’t expect the violence that resulted from it and said he does not agree with the vicious protests.

The Pakistani government announced a public holiday on Sept. 21, calling it the “Day of Love for the Prophet.” The holiday was meant to be a day for those who didn’t agree with the video’s message to peacefully protest, but instead, it was filled to the rim with violent and anti-American protests.

As expected after any traumatic event that occurs around the presidential election, each candidate has tried to use the situation to his advantage.

Gov. Mitt Romney put in his 2 cents’ worth during an interview conducted on the CBS 60 Minutes broadcast.

When asked how he would calm the storms blowing over the Middle East, Romney said he would make sure countries like Egypt “understand what the rules are.”

At this point in the interview, Romney started to descend the slippery slope of foreign policy and had to be very careful not to lose his footing, which would prove difficult since he has little to no experience with foreign policy.

Romney believes that in order to remain an ally of the U.S., a country must protect U.S. embassies and “show respect and provide civil rights for minorities in their country.”

He also said other countries need to know how important they are to us. He made sure to point out that other countries should know that Israel is our closest ally and will always come before any other country.

The candidate went on to say that President Obama made a mistake by not meeting with Bibi Netanyahu, prime minister of Israel, to discuss the matter.

Romney vaguely said what measures he would take to ease the tension but gave no support as to how this would ease the tension. Does the American population really want a president who doesn’t have apparent reasoning behind their policies? Stricter foreign policies might be fine and dandy when dealing with a government, however they wouldn’t help when dealing with the citizens of that country.

Although being strict with other countries when events such as these protests occur, if anything, Romney’s reaction to a violation of these “rules” would be rash. After all, he is known for doing things without thinking; just ask the so-called 47 percent of the American population he doesn’t care about.