The Right Wing is the Right Way

The 2012 campaign year is a time to reflect back on the past four years, a time to evaluate whether or not the president has fulfilled his promises and changed our country for the better. The truth is, even he gave himself an incomplete grade.

The competing party nominee, Gov. Mitt Romney, is the man that I will be voting for on Nov. 6. Romney and his presidential pick, Rep. Paul Ryan call themselves “America’s comeback team.”

If a person breaks a bone, they go to the doctor. If a person is robbed, they go to the police. If our country is in an extreme economic debt, shouldn’t we put the appropriate person in charge?

Romney is a smart business man and an experienced leader. He is the founder of Bain Capitol, former governor of Massachusetts and he saved the 2002, Salt Lake City Olympics from it’s economic plummet.

Bain Capitol is a venture capitalist firm. In this firm, Bain invests its money into a failing corporation, and, using their business experience, they then take over the management department, to try to repair and uplift that business back into success. Romney and his firm helped salvage corporations such as Staples and The Sports Authority.

Look at our country’s economic deficit, we are failing. The United States is in over $16 trillion of debt. If Romney has experience repairing and managing failing corporations, he has the perfect track record for the 2012 presidential pick.

In addition to being Bain’s founder, Romney is the former governor of Massachusetts He was voted into this position during 2003, a time of economic turmoil for Massachusetts. He faced a state legislature full of democrats. Despite these challenges, Romney brought the state up from its decline.

By the end of Romney’s term as governor, he had many improvements to show for it. He dug the state out of a $3 million deficit, decreased the unemployment rate from 5.6 to 4.7 percent and cut unnecessary tax requirements.

Preceding his time as governor, Romney was hired as the President and CEO of the Salt Lake Organizing Committee for the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games of 2002.

Planning for the event began in 1999, and after one budget-damaging mistake after the other, the event’s budget began slipping into the red zone. Then, as a result of the disastrous events of Sept. 11, security became number one on the event’s priority list. In an act of desperation, event organizers decided to hire Romney.

Romney tidied the budget, generated firm event security and lead the 2002 Olympic games to and through a successful event.

Romney is a notably strong leader, as well as a strong believer in The American Dream. He is a conservative, religious man who worked his way up the corporate ladder, and he wishes to preserve this dream for all Americans.

He has plans to cut taxes, in order to stimulate the economy, repeal Obamacare and address health care from a more taxpayer-friendly approach. He and the Republican party do not have wishes to remove God’s name from their platform. Instead, he wishes to lead America out of our debt while preserving our personal freedoms.