It’s college, suck it up or drop it

It’s college, suck it up or drop it

You hear it everyday: People complaining about their two-hour long sports practices, then play practice until 10 p.m. and finally the six hours of homework they have to slave over for their Advanced Placement classes after finally getting home.

So maybe that was a slight exaggeration, but it gets the point across: People might be a little over worked. But who is to blame? The people who made a college level class that gives students the opportunity to earn college credit before actually being in college? Or perhaps it’s the coaches and directors that keep students for multiple hours and don’t give them time to finish up their hard AP homework.

I think if someone is complaining so much, the only person they have to blame is the one who planned out their rigourous and painstaking schedule, themselves.

Here’s the fact of the matter, straight from the College Board Web site, the board that provides AP tests: AP classes are the equivalent of undergraduate courses at a college. Therefore, if a student signs up for a college course they should be prepared to take one.

In college, teachers aren’t going to be merciful on you just because you happen to be signed up for a bunch of activities at the local theater or something, they’ll simply fail you for not completing the work. Surprise! The same thing happens when you take a college course in high school.

If you knew you were going to take four AP classes at the same time then perhaps you should’ve thought about the amount of homework that would give you before also signing up for the musical and a sport on top of that.

In all honesty, I’m rather tired of listening to people who didn’t totally think through their enrollment complain about how they have three hours of homework to do after they get back from whatever fun excursion they thought they had time for.

In conclusion, suck it up or drop the class. Don’t complain to me because it sucks to take an AP class. I honestly don’t care.