Teacher’s Pets

CC Mr. Murphy’s class pet
“C.C. (Chimmy-Cho Chunga) is a male beta and by his nature lives a very solitary existence; however, he has requested companionship in the form of a snail. Soon, CC will be joined in his tank by “pokey” the snail.”
Clyde Mr. Yarbrough’s cat.
“We have a cat that we adopted from Wayside Waifs during the 4th Quarter of the Pandemic year. His name is Clyde. We had a lot of time that summer, so I trained him to do tricks. He sits, catches treats with his paws, and gives high fives.”
Annie Mrs. Woolery’s dog.
“This is our Red Lab, Cornbread Red, AKA Annie. She is like her owner and is highly motivated by food! She enjoys golf cart rides, swimming, and taking long naps.”
Miles Mr. Sharp’s classroom snake.
“Miles is a Colombian Red-Tailed Boa Constrictor that I’ve had for 23 of his 28 years. He’s been here so long he’s had 2 generations of high school kids hold him!”
Penny & Truman Mr. Rivera’s dog and cat.
I have a pug “Penny.” She’s very playful and likes to take naps. Also, I have a tabby cat named “Truman.” Truman is a grumpy old cat that likes to eat and play with Penny. Both like cheering for the Chiefs!”
Maisie Mrs. Pennybacker’s dog.
“Maisie is a true mutt. Animal control found her & she was mysteriously missing a front tooth. She loves humans, but no other animals – not even butterflies.”
Goose Mrs. Lauxman’s dog.
“After that loss, it took my husband and I two years before our hearts were healed enough to welcome a new dog into our lives, but when we did, it was love at first sight! Goose is also a Golden Retriever and is in training to follow in Roxy’s footsteps. He was born on New Year’s Eve, and it was the new beginning we needed. He is wildly smart, confident, silly, and incredibly loving. The fin on the top of his head always gets a laugh, and his smile and loving presence have healed us and reminded us of all that’s good in the world. Here is the newest man in my life.”
Bullet Mr. King’s dog.
“We have an English Bulldog “Bullet”. He is 9 years old now, this pic is of when he was a pup. Very smart dog who likes to take lots of naps. He is really good with kids and people.”
Daisy and Duke Mr. Hoffman’s dog.
“Daisy is lighter and really sweet. She’s been a snuggler from the start but holds her own with her Brother and likes to instigate some wrestling matches. Duke is darker and high energy and an attention hog. He’s kind of crazy but also really smart. He picks up on things quickly and wants to please. They’re both Mini GoldenDoodles and are brother and sister.”
Hank and King George Mrs. Fry’s dogs.
“We have 2 yellow labs who couldn’t be more different! In the picture, Hank is on the left and King George is on the right. King George (named after a Hamilton character) is 3 years old. He is super sweet and a big scaredy cat. After barking to alert us of someone at the door, he runs away and hides. King George thinks he is a lap dog and loves to lay his 100 lbs right on top of me any time I try to sit down. He is perfect. Hank is a 1 year old and the most alpha dog you’ve ever met. He is quite the communicator and has a different bark, growl or whine for whatever he wants and he is NEVER quiet. Hank has also chewed up our fireplace, the newel post by the stairs and a hole in the carpet. He also doesn’t sleep through the night…he’s lucky he is cute!”