Experience over extravagant gifts

For my graduation gift, I requested that my parents take me to Disney World for the fourth time.   Although many people may see this as a childish, outlandish gift, I thought that it was a wise idea.

Disney is a place for everyone. Nearly everyone has experience the joy of a classic Disney film or basked in the splendor of a Disney book. These characters were one of the first things that I related to. I could identify with the clumsiness of Snow White’s Dopey, and enjoy the humor of Mickey Mouse’s Goofy,and dream of one day becoming Cinderella with my very own Prince Charming.

These dreams and ideals helped shape who I was as a child and who I grew up to be. My siblings and parents experienced a similar situation which makes Disney the perfect place for each of us to live in our own fantasy world.

Each of us has a ride that we look forward to or characters that we hope to see. We relish every moment of the show Fantasia and are awe inspired by the special effects of the rides.

Many people have questioned why I would value a temporary vacation over a permanent gift, but I believe that this gift will be permanent. To me, this time that I am going to have with my family in a tropical location is far more valuable than any laptop or school supply could ever be. This is time that I will always be able to cherish and reflect upon for the rest of my life. So while others may be surfing on their MacBook, I will indefinitely be reflecting on my experience is Disney with my family.