How to relieve stress in your daily life

Stress is something many people deal with in their day to day lives. Stress can come from different places: work, sports, friends, family, extra-curricular activies; you name it, it could cause stress.

The mistake people make, though, is they let the stress get to their heads, and they don’t deal with it. Stress can make you moody, depressed, and you can ‘snap’ or get angry with people much faster than you generally would. There are many ways to handle stress, but some become so accustomed to it, they don’t even recognzie they’re stressed out. This is part of the reason why i think that everyone should take minor steps to relieve stress from their lives.

Tip one: Do yoga. You can find yoga DVD’s on places like Amazon, or at Wal-Mart, or even Youtube has many yoga videos that have specific sections to relieve stress. Countless people have said this method works (myself included).

Tip two: Separate yourself from the stressful thing as much as possible (if that’s in your control). If it is school that has you anxious, don’t proctastinate and double check that you have everything done every night. If it’s tryouts for a sports team, don’t freak out about it. Just go and have fun! That’s what sports are supposed to be about, anyway.

Tip three: Meditate. It may sound dumb or useless, but if you just lay down in your bed, or sit and clear your mind, you will feel a whole lot better about everything once you’ve finished.

Tip four: Take a nap. A lot of times, stress can feed off of sleep deprivation, which isn’t a good thing to begin with. If you get the chance, just sit back, relax and count some sheep.

Tip five: Don’t sweat the small stuff. In the grand scheme of things, one bad day won’t ruin a great week or year. And lastly, always remember one of my personal favorite quotes: “In a hundred years, who’s gonna care?”