Emblem3 has successful Kansas City show

A few months ago, a couple of my friends and I bought meet and greet tickets for Emblem3’s first tour, called #Bandlife. I waited months for  March 8, when I would finally get to not only see, but also meet favorite band.

My day started out with an acoustic performance and the meet and greet. There was about hundred people waiting in a small room waiting to go to the theater to see them.

Emblem3, which is made up of brothers Keaton and Wesley Stromberg and close friend Drew Chadwick, came on stage and sang three songs. Then there was a brief question and answer session.

My only complaint about this was that they only allowed three questions and it seemed very rushed. I didn’t know exactly what to expect though, so at the time I thought it was great.

We were then herded back into the waiting area to wait to meet them. By the time my group got to the front, it was about an hour until the concert started and people were being rushed.

Security was standing all around and we were instructed that we MUST walk in, turn left, take the picture, then we were allowed to hug them or say what we wanted.

It was a surreal experience, but even though I felt rushed, it is something I would do over again.

The first opening act was Jackson Guthy, a 17-year-old singer from Los Angeles. Not many people knew who he was, but he put on a great show and had a lot of energy.

Next came MKTO, who are two singers that previously acted on Nickelodeon. They sang their newest single Classic as well as other songs. The crowd was very involved, but by this time I was getting giddy to see who I actually paid to see.

Emblem3 came on, and there were deafening screams around me. No one sat during any point in the concert and being in the 11th row, I could see really well. All of the boys moved around the stage and there were times when they were close enough for me to take clear pictures without zooming in.

I felt like the concert was only 10-minutes long because of the fast moving pace. There was barely a break between any song, and I was amazed the energy that was kept up. After it ended, almost everyone stayed in their seats to see if they would come back out.

The crowd began to chant and scream until the band came back out to sing more. Ten minutes after, they sang a cover of Hotel California. Then Keaton told us to get as close to the stage as possible. Security guards let everyone in VIP run to the stage.

For their final song, I got within five feet of each member and had an amazing view for video. The only obvious downside was I was one of hundreds of girls trying to get close to them, so no one could move an inch. Everyone was packed so close together that I couldn’t have put my arm down even if I had tried.

In all, it was a very energetic and passionate concert. I could tell that each performer loved what they were doing and so happy to be in Kansas City. Everything was very well planned and went accordingly. I was very impressed that everything went so well.