Is true love for you?

Is true love for you?

A lot of teenagers these days believe in true love. However, some adults and other teenagers believe differently.

I asked a few people what their definition of love was and whether true love was for adults only or teenagers as well. I was surprised in the varying responses.

Lindsey Hothan, a teacher at De Soto High School, gave me her definition of love and her thoughts on who true love is for.

“Love is the strongest feeling/emotion someone can have for another, it is unselfish and all consuming. It’s the best. As long as the term “love” is truly understood, not take advantage of, and experienced in a healthy way, it can be meant for teenagers and adults. Love is love no matter how old you are, but it evolves and matures over time,” Hothan said.

Jacob Jackson-Hays, a junior at DHSsaid, “Love is not discriminatory. It does not change by age, right or reason. Love is a mutual concept of connection, not one of rules and regulation.”

Kyla Kincaid, a sophomore at DHS, described love carefully, “Love is when all of that a persons imperfections become perfections, love isn’t sad or hard or even complicated, love is happy and perfect. Anyone can love, it just takes a wise person to know when they are truly in love.”

Love is a touchy topic. When I was asking people their thoughts, a lot of them turned me down and said they had no idea or didn’t want to answer.

As for myself, I believe love has no definition. I believe love flows freely through emotions and actions that a person shows to another person. As for love having an age limit, I think that it is wrong. Love can be for anyone who truly knows how they feel. There will always be rough patches throughout love. Just like William Shakespeare once said,

“The course of true love never did run smooth.”

True love is when you get over those rough patches and focus on what matters, how happy you are loving one another and how happy you can be on even longer when you get over those rough patches. True love can not be broken.