Freshman Perspectives

Freshman Perspectives

Being a freshman can be difficult. But, with the activities I am involved in, it has opened my eyes to see the school in a whole new perspective. Being involved in cheerleading and newspaper, I see many things that happen at this school, that most people overlook. It could also be because I’m one of those people that follow the rules and try my hardest at everything I do.

Growing up with parents that protect you can be good and bad. It’s good because I know they always have my back and teach me the difference between what’s right and wrong. On the other hand, it’s not always fun because they are super protective and always know where I am and what I’m doing. Just because I don’t do “bad” things, it doesn’t mean that I don’t know what’s going on.

I see kids at De Soto High School everyday that aren’t making the best decisions. Call me a freshman or a goodie-two shoes, but at least I know right from wrong.

People have said, “Oh they’re just freshman, they don’t know what’s going on.” But honestly, that’s not true. I know a lot about my school and what’s going on. And guess what…I’m a freshman.

Sometimes it’s difficult though, because someone is always better than you. They know what to do, while you don’t. Sure, I don’t know how to do everything, no one is perfect. Just because I’m a couple years younger than you, doesn’t mean I can’t learn and comprehend what’s going on.

Looking at DHS from a freshman’s view can be seen in many different ways whether that is in a good way or a bad way.