A Survival Guide for Single Ladies on Valentine’s Day

Just like thousands of other women, this year I will be spending my Valentine’s Day alone, cursing those who have a sweetie and sympathizing with those who don’t. Valentine’s Day may as well have been created to make single women feel even worse about being single. While my few lucky friends spend the day with their valentines, I will be more focused on just trying to get through the day. For this reason I have created

A Survival Guide for the Single Ladies on Valentines Day:

1. Ice Cream: possibly one of the most important parts of a lonely Valentines Day. Just like when you were five years old, ice cream makes everything better, and come on, it’s delicious!

2. Horror Movie: what could be better than watching other women being chopped and stabbed by creepy men?

3. Social Networking Sites: while you’re sitting at home, other people have lives and they post it so we can’t we all join in? Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest will keep you entertained for hours by helping you stalk your new crush, plan your future wedding, and complain about your sad love life.

4. Girlfriends: knowing you’re not the only one suffering alone during Valentine’s Day would help anyone feel better. Best friends double as a therapist and a shoulder to cry on.

5. Candy: do I have to say anymore?

6. Any Baked Goods: cupcakes, cookies and cake. Those three C’s will not only help you ruin your diet but provide warmth from your weight gain.

7. A Cute Outfit: In the rare case you run out of ice cream and have to run to the store, a cute outfit (just in case) is a must. You never know who you might run into at the store, maybe next year’s Valentine’s date.

8. Find A Safe Place: no sharp objects or possible dangers. Put away the knifes, delete ex boyfriends numbers and put those diet pills in the trash.

9. Chocolate: some may argue the universal sign for love is a heart, but any single women would agree it is chocolate. No Valentine’s Day, single or taken would be complete without a full box of chocolates.

10. Keep Your Head Up and Smile: remember, you don’t always have to be in a relationship to be happy, and you’re definitely not alone. Someday you will find your special Valentine, but until then, make the best of being single and enjoy hanging out with your friends!