Wildcat fine arts

One random day, three random class periods ... students show a variety of ways to be creative in fine arts at DHS

Back to Article
Back to Article

Wildcat fine arts

Junior Clara Sloan shows off her figure drawing and shading skills by drawing the block in front of her in drawing on April 25. “[Art teacher Tim] Mispagel is good at letting people do what they want when it comes to it [drawing],” Sloan said. “You can be sloppy and go your own way or be precise.”

Johnny Meehan

Johnny Meehan

Johnny Meehan

Johnny Meehan, Photo Editor

• Concert Choir freshmen Will Harrison, Kennedy Cleaver and Brayden Wadehra rehearse choreography for their upcoming Spring Pops Concert on April 25. The concert will be held in the main gym on May 2 and will include songs such as “The Greatest Show” from the movie “The Greatest Showman” and “Seasons of Love” from the musical “Rent” among other showtunes.

• Senior Sam Carlson helps musical director Jason Hagg change the lighting for the upcoming spring musical in Stagecraft on April 25. “It’s something that I can make, and it’s actually put to use,” Carlson said about the sets he gets to help create in Stagecraft.

• Freshman Kaitlin Torres gets ready for State forensics while in class on April 25, by looking at old reviews from judges. Torres writes the positive and negative comments from judges so “I know what I need to fix and what I need to continue doing.”

• In preparation for the upcoming spring musical, “The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee”, sophomore Makenna Kerr cuts out tickets in Stagecraft on April 25. Kerr enjoys helping the directors, especially when it gets closer to show time, the show will take place from May 10-12 in The Little Theatre.

• Junior Cody Murphy works hard on his bird art piece in Art 2 on April 25. The piece is half a collage and half an acrylic painting.

• Junior Clara Sloan shows off her figure drawing and shading skills by drawing the block in front of her in drawing on April 25. “[Art teacher Tim] Mispagel is good at letting people do what they want when it comes to it [drawing],” Sloan said. “You can be sloppy and go your own way or be precise.”