DHS getting ready for Super Bowl XLVI

Get ready for Super Bowl XLVI. It’s a case of dèjà vu for football fans as the New York Giants are set to face off against the New England Patriots yet again.

On Jan. 22 the Giants beat the San Fransisco 49ers 20-17 earning them a spot in the Super Bowl, while the New England Patriots beat the Baltimore Ravens 23-20 earning them their spot in the Super Bowl.

The Patriots faced the Giants in 2008 and suffered a devastating loss. The Patirots were 18-0 for the season and were attempting to be the first team ever to go 19-0 in a season, but the Giants suprised everyone by beating the Patriots 17-14. The Giants were also the first Wildcard team to ever win the Super Bowl.

“I think it should be a pretty good game. The Giants have better defense than the Patriots. It should be a pretty low score game,” math teacher Joel Thaemert said.

Super Bowl XLVI will take place Feb. 5 at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis. Madonna is scheduled to perform at halftime.

Even if you don’t enjoy football or your not a fan of the Patriots or Giants tune into the game anyways.

“The teams I wanted to see go to the Super Bowl both lost, but it should be a good game anyways. Although I’m not as excited as I would’ve been if the teams I wanted in it, would’ve been. But Tom Brady is beast,” math teacher Ryan Foster said.

NBC is airing the game and has a line-up of commericals already in place. All ad spots have been sol at an average costs being $3.5 million increasing from last year’s average of $3 million. Also NBC will be broadcasting the game live on its Internet digital stream, a first for the football championship game.

Some commercials include, Coca-Cola, Best Buy and Hyundai. Also a homemade commercial will air during the game.

“I don’t like the Super Bowl. I’m not a big fan of football, but I do like the commercials,” said Khamrin Trotter, a freshman at DHS.

Whether you’re a Giants fan, Patriots fan, or just a commerical fan, Super Bowl XLVI should be something great to watch.