Volleyball optimistic about Spring Hill game

The previously successful volleyball team, with an overall record of 12-7 and a league record of 2-1, expects success tonight against their league opponent Spring Hill.

“Spring Hill will probably be a pretty easy game because we’ve already beat them twice. It should be a good one,” said senior Elaina Grantham.

Because the varsity volleyball girls have had about a week between their last game and now, they have had plenty of time to get ready. In preparation, the team held practice on the days off last week so that they could continue to improve over the break.

The team has been working vigorously to quicken its offense to be an even stronger team for this game.

“We have been working on speeding up our offense in order to create more opportunities for our hitters,” said head volleyball coach Lindsay Hothan.

A win tonight would help the team towards the goal of Sub-State, and it would also improve their changes of winning league. Therefore it is important for the team to play their best.

“Winning will help us reach our goal of either winning league or placing really high in league and it would also raise our record which will help us in Sub-State rankings,” senior Shelby Philbrook said.

The team is optimistic and continues to strive towards success in each of their practices and game.