GOP primaries and candidates so far…

GOP primaries and candidates so far...

Yay! Time for yet another boring story on the Republican Primaries! I know that this process is incredibly dull and boring, and I admit my eyes glaze over when I hear about it, but it is still important and something to keep track of. So here’s my opinion of the various candidates:

Mitt Romney: The perpetual front-runner and establishment favorite. I feel that he is too liberal, and we would have another McCain situation on our hands.

Newt Gingrich: Incredibly smart, with a lot of baggage. He did a great job in the 1990s, but has a lot of enemies in the GOP, and has crossed the aisle a few too many times, such as the global warming commercial with Nancy Pelosi.

Ron Paul: Libertarian, interesting ideas. To be frank, he is the crazy old uncle of the party. He has a whole lot of interesting ideas in the domestic and economic areas, but his foreign policy is nutty and dangerous. He has a place in a republican administration, but not as president.

Dropouts include; Jon Huntsman, former governor of Utah, Michele Bachmann, US Representative from Minnesota, Tim Pawlenty, former governor of Minnesota, Herman Cain, former CEO of Godfather Pizza and Rick Perry, Governor of Texas.

Rick Santorum: Conservative former Senator of Pennsylvania. He came in second in the Iowa Caucuses and is very strong on social issues. He is my personal favorite, and one who I hope gets the nomination.

Santorum was seen as a long shot, and someone who would soon drop out, but he turned out to be a dark horse, only losing Iowa by eight votes to Mitt Romney, and later declaring it a draw due to technical issues.

Santorum is a hard-core social and fiscal conservative, he is pro-life, anti-gay marriage, pro-Second Amendment, anti-Obamacare, a tax-cutter and he plans to cut $5 trillion in the next five years.

I believe Santorum is the man America needs to restore and secure her role as the leader of the free world for the foreseeable future.