The Crazy for You cast works towards a successful musical

With the show week for the De Soto High School musical, Crazy for You, approaching, many students are working long hours to overcome challenges that would prevent the show from being successful.

Although the show is still rough around the edges, the cast is working together to smooth over issues so that the performance will be ready by next week.

One struggle that the show has faced is that the musical has to share many of its participants with various sports and other activities that prevent them from attending many of the rehearsals. The people that have been absent have been making up for lost time by reviewing choreography in Seminar and working lines back stage whenever it is possible.

“I am studying my lines at home whenever I have the time,” senior Elizabeth Henderson said “I plan on reviewing my dances and choreography so I can have everything memorized.”

Another challenge that the cast having is a sickness that  is going around. Several actors, including leads, have been home sick this week. The cast is now being very careful not to share germs so that everyone is in the best shape possible for the performances.

“[The cast should be] making sure they’re getting plenty of sleep, making sure that they’re eating well so that they’re not just eating junk food and that they’re actually eating. They should make sure that they’re drinking a lot of water to help keep their voices from going,” director Erin Purifoy said.

The Crazy for You cast has a long week full of late nights ahead of them, but the members of the show are focused and ready to do everything they can to have a successful show.